Vice Chair Elect:
General Faculty Assembly & University Faculty Senate
Robert A. Sorrentino, MD
Creel Distinguished Chair in Cardiology Medicine
Professor, Medicine, Cardiology
Medical College of Georgia
The Vice Chair-Elect shall be a member of the faculty* elected by and from the General
Faculty Assembly and shall become Vice Chair the following year.
Term of Office
Serves one term of one year duration following which the Vice Chair-Elect assumes
the position of Vice Chair of the GHSU Faculty. Elected in March and takes office
on July 1.
- Presides at all meetings of the Executive Committee and the University Faculty Senate
in the Chair's absence or inability to serve.
- Attends and serves as a member of all meetings of the Executive Committee and University
Faculty Senate and special meetings called by the Chair.
- Assists the Chair in administering the affairs of the faculty as requested by the
- Calls meetings of those appointed to the University System Advisory Council Academic
- Reviews resolutions adopted by the University Faculty Senate the preceding year for
review by the Executive Committee at the beginning of each new year.
*GHSU Statutes, Article III, Section 2.A.