- What are the business hours and where are you located?
- Our hours are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
- We are located on the first floor of Fanning Hall on the Summerville Campus
- When are tuition and fees due?
- Tuition and fees are always due before the first day of class. You can pay in person
until 5:00 the Friday before the first day of class, or you can pay on ELROY or PULSE until midnight the Sunday before class.
- When are late fees placed onto my account?
- A $50.00 late fee will be placed onto your account on the first day of class if tuition
and fees have not been paid or if there is no financial aid in memo status on your
account to cover your balance in full. Housing and parking charges are considered
part of institutional charges and are due before the start of class.
- A $50.00 late fee can also be assessed on unpaid charges incurred after registration
periods, such as parking permits, housing charges, etc., if the charges are not paid
within 10 consecutive days of being billed.
- What does Financial Aid in memo status mean?
- Financial Aid in memo status is aid that has been applied for by the Financial Aid
office on your behalf, but has not yet been received from your lender. If your Financial
Aid memo status is equal to or greater than your tuition and fee balance, no payment
is needed prior to the first day of class. If your memo status payment will not cover
the tuition in full, any balance remaining must be paid for prior to the first day
of class. View your aid award status on the Financial Aid link on ELROY or PULSE.
- What forms of payment can I use to pay my tuition and fees bill?
- WebCheck online is available through ELROY or PULSE at no additional cost. Please note any webcheck payments entered with incorrect bank
information will incur a $30 fine after one incorrect offense. (not per payment)
All returned webcheck and check items incur a $30 fine or 5% of the total cost for
payments exceeding $600 for insufficient funds returns.
- Credit Card payment (MC, Amex, and Disc only) is available on PULSE for 2.75% of the
balance due. On ELROY credit card payments may be made at no additional cost, but
this will be at 2.75% starting July 1, 2013. At that time, all GRU students will
be accessing their accounts through one student self-service web site called POUNCE.
It will look very much like what you use now.
- Cash, checks, money orders, or traveler’s checks are accepted at the Business Office
- You may also wire funds for tuition and fees if you cannot submit a check from the
account that you use for payment, as long as the transaction is set up in advance
of the due date, and the funds are received by the due date. Contact us for more
- How do I pay my bill online through PULSE? (Health Sciences Students)
- Log onto PULSE
- Go to Student Services and Financial Aid
- Go to Student Records
- Go to Account Summary or Account Summary By Term
- Choose either “pay by check” or “pay by credit card” at the bottom of the page and
follow the prompts.
- When prompted, be sure to select the term that has open charges.
- Terms will be listed by the four-digit year followed by codes 02-Spring, 05-Summer
- How do I pay my bill online through ELROY? (Summerville Students)
- Go to the ELROY My ASU
- Go to Student
- Go to Registration
- Go to Pay by Financial Aid, Credit/Debit Card, or Check
- Select a Term (choose the term for which you are making payment)
- When your Personal Account Statement Screen comes up, Scroll to the bottom
- Select Make Payments
- Select Connect to Student Account Center
- Choose "make a payment"
- Choose how to pay- choices are: credit card or web check
- Enter the amount you wish to pay
- Print a receipt for your records
- When can I expect to receive my financial aid overage refund? (Health Sciences)
- Your financial aid refund for each term will be processed the day after the drop/add
period has ended, which is normally the 5th day of class, and normally a Friday.
This refund amount will be for any balance remaining after all tuition and fees for
the term have been paid.
- If you have signed up for eDeposit, please allow 24 -48 hours for the funds to show
up in your bank account. If your bank doesn’t process on the weekends, it may be
Monday or Tuesday of the following week before funds are received in your account.
Please be sure to update your banking information to ensure your funds are received
- If you have not signed up for direct deposit, your refund can take up to 10 days to
be received as it is sent to you by mail to your most current mailing address on file.
If you address becomes invalid at anytime you may change it on PULSE.
- When can I expect to receive my financial aid overage refund? (Summerville)
- Your financial aid overage refund will be processed within 14 days after the beginning
of class. This refund amount will be for any overage remaining after all tuition
and fees for the term have been paid.
- Refunds are processed via Higher One. If you have chosen to use the One Account,
your refunded funds will be available the same business day. If your preference is
to have the funds transferred to an outside bank, please allow 24-48 hours for the
funds to be available in your bank account. If you have not set up your preference
on Higher One, your refund will be delayed.
- How do I sign up for direct deposit (eDeposit)? (Health Sciences)
- Log onto PULSE
- Go to eDeposit
- Fill in your banking information (checking or savings account information) and submit
- You may also change your account information at anytime if it becomes invalid. Please
make sure to inactivate your current account before entering a new one.
- If I have to pay my tuition-and-fees out of pocket, how do I get refunded once my
loans/scholarships have been received and applied to my account?
- When your loans/scholarships have been applied to your account, if there is an overage
amount, a refund will be processed for you.
- Refunds are processed on Tuesday and Thursday of each week, outside of the normal
- Health Science: If you have signed up for direct deposit please allow 24 -48 hours for the funds
to show up in your bank account. If your bank doesn’t process on the weekends it
may be Monday or Tuesday of the following week before funds are received in your account.
- Health Science: If you have not signed up for direct deposit your refund can take up to 10 days to
receive as it is sent to you by mail to your most current mailing address on file.
If your address becomes invalid at anytime you may change it on PULSE.
Refunds are processed via Higher One. If you have chosen to use the One Account,
the funds will be available the same business day. If your preference is to have
the funds transferred to an outside bank, please allow 24-48 hours for the funds to
be available in your bank account. If you have not set up your refund preference
on Higher One, your refund will be delayed.
- If I incur a parking fine or other institutional charges, where should I make my payment?
- Health Science: All parking fines and other institutional charges are billed to your PULSE account, and should be paid within 10 days of incurring the charge. You can pay
online on PULSE or at the Campus Business Office. Your account should be checked
routinely throughout the term to ensure any additional fees are paid.
- Summerville: All parking fines and other institutional charges may be paid at the Business Office.
Some Summerville fines such as parking, library, and media services can be paid at
- Our office will also send you emails regarding balances due. If you receive an email
from the Business Office, be sure to read it as all of our emails are targeted and
not sent to general groups.
- How can I access my 1098-T tax form? (Health Sciences)
- Log onto PULSE and select Student Services and Financial Aid
- Select Student Account
- Select Tax Notification. Enter the tax year in the prompt. The 1098-T form will
- This form can be printed for use in tax preparation.
- Please note: Charges for spring terms are billed in the prior calendar year. Therefore
if you are graduating in spring, and only attended in spring, your 1098-T would only
include the prior calendar year. 1098-Ts are based on billed items only.
- How can I access my 1098-T form? (Summerville)
- Vangent provides the 1098-T tax forms to all eligible students either via internet
or mail. Only students with scholarships or grants in excess of charges or prior
tax year adjustments will receive the 1098-T tax form.
- Students can log into ELROY, select Student, select Student Records, select Tax Notification, Enter the tax year
in the prompt, and your 1098-T form will appear. This form can be printed for tax