PFCC BASICS Application for Mobile Devices
Designed to give patients and their
families, healthcare professionals, students in health professions (medical,
nursing, allied health), and medical residents a practical tool to aid provider-patient
communication and to promote safer health care. PFCC facilitates
patient-provider partnerships and encourages information exchange, shared decision-making
and respectful interactions.
and their families can use the
PFCC Checklist at medical visits.
quickly reference the
evidence-based PFCC Checklist
before seeing a patient.
- Introduction to Patient- and Family-Centered Care
- Functionality – search PFCC Standards of Care that
every healthcare provider should achieve
- Interactivity – use the PFCC checklist before, during,
or after patient-provider visits
- PFCC Checklist behaviors follow evidence-based practice
and accreditation standards
- Educators and clinicians working with students
- Clinical staff professional development
- General public interested in learning about ways to be
an engaged patient or family member in healthcare settings
app is intended as a teaching tool for learner development and as a reference